Skip to main content

PREPPING FOR EASTER SUNDAY HAIR

I was going to flat iron my hair for Easter Sunday, but then I thought about how successful I was during the last 30 days of no heat. (Okay, I lied, I didn't flat iron because I did not have any wrapping/setting lotion shhh!!) So instead I opted for the best thing I have been doing to my hair for the past 45 days, a braid out. I loved the way it came out on this image

Okay, well that is not the exact image after the last attempt but it was similar to that. I promise to take pictures tomorrow so you can see the results.

I did not wash my hair, although I did cowash 2 days ago. I oiled my scalp with a special mix. Then I used hair lotion and Dr. Miracles strengthening creme on my scalp and ends. I did not use any gel, or spray while braiding. I know some people prefer to use some sort of holding gel, but that just does not work out too well with my hair. 

I parted my hair into five straight back sections evenly. One braid being in the middle, and two on each side of that braid, in a cornrow format. With each section, I applied the lotion and creme, brushed through so no tangles would occur as I was braiding. 

After I completed all the braids, I ran some more hair lotion over the braids and wrapped my hair. Right now I feel tingling on my scalp. I'm wondering if it is that Dr. Miracles, or my own mixed oil that contains Eucalyptus Oil.

Any questions, feel free to hit me up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY DINNER: HAITIAN RICE AND PEACE WITH SALMON

I had never tried Salmon. Never liked it. Well, that was because I never tried it. Hmm. Nonetheless, I finally gave in and had my first taste of this delicious dish about three months ago and fell in love with it. I do not know much about the fish but I do know that they are bred in fresh water, go to the ocean for a bit but return to the fresh waters to reproduce. Salmon is known as one of the worlds healthiest foods due to it's rich content of Omega-3 and protein. I will make another post about the benefits of Salmon but this post is about Sunday Dinner. Along with the Salmon that yes I will fry ( it will not kill me to have fried food every now and then.), I am also having Haitian style rice and peas. The classic dish in every Haitian home. The peas in the rice with the hint of mushrooms offer a delightful taste to your taste buds. This will be my first time actually trying this recipe but I know it will turn out better than expected. Salmon: Ingredients: Atlantic Bone...

COCONUT OIL TREATMENT

Dear December...Day 1 Keeping it simple. Coconut oil treatment to add moisture and shine to my hair. I want that strength, elasticity back in my strands. To view step by step on what exactly to do, follow my other pre-poo routine ( Pre-poo for softness ). For this round, I'm only using coconut oil, about a spoonful of olive oil, shea butter, and some cinnamon oil mixture. Planning on letting it set on my hair for about an hour. Rinse, shampoo, then condition. Most likely I will dry wrap my hair to put it up in a high bun for work tomorrow.

BOW WOW CHALLENGE: FUNNIEST MEMES

Once again, rapper/actor Shad Moss (Bow Wow/ Lil Bow wow) was caught "insta-lying" again, which created a challenge called "#BowWowChallenge" by social media. It all started with Bow Wow posting a picture about him catching a flight to NYC. The picture he posted was of a private jet and a fancy car outside of it, pretty much indicating that he was about to hop on it. It all went down hill when a fan of his happened to be following Bow Wow's post on IG and saw he posted he was on a private jet (though he didn't state it directly). Once the coach passenger noticed Bow Wow was lying, he took a picture and uploaded to social media, which then prompted a mass influx of people searching the internet to find where Bow Wow had stolen the picture from. Ultimately, they found it and started calling Bow Wow out on his lies. Even rapper, 50 Cent took part in the challenge. LOL