Skip to main content

NICKI MINAJ AND REMY MA FEUD?

It has been three days since rapper, and Love & Hip Hop star, Remy Ma (formerly Remy Martin), put out "Shether," a diss track against fellow rapper and self-proclaimed Barbie, Nicki Minaj. As of yet, Nicki Minaj hasn't responded directly, aside from subliminal posts via social media. This "feud" left many wondering what caused Bronx native Remy Ma to fire shots at Queens NY native, Nicki Minaj.

It was said the beef started back in 2007, when Nicki was beginning her career and released a freestyle from her mixtape, Playtime is over. Despite Nicki never confirming a few verses on the track were actually about Remy Ma, the beef had officially started brewing in the pot. Fortunately, for Nicki, the beef was simmered down when Remy was convicted of various felonies and was sentenced to eight years in prison. From behind prison walls, in an 2010 interview, Remy seemed to have not forgotten about Nicki when she stated..."To this day I still feel like the song is a stab at me; I'm gonna diss Minaj back for that one."

It is also said that Remy and Nicki used to be lovers. That was brought about by a suspicious video that surfaced back in 2007 as well. The video is alledgedly of a younger Nicki Minaj claiming that she and Remy had a lesbian relationship although both parties state that never happened. The video does look like an "untouched" Minaj but I guess we will never know. (See video below)



Fast forward to Remy's release in 2014. Everything seemed like everything and rap was rap. But many were left wondering who was going to reign Queen of New York. The last time some rap beef with females happened was when Nicki Minaj and former Queen of New York, Lil Kim had diss tracks out.

Since 2011 Remy stated that she supported Minaj and even congratulated her on her BET award but maybe that was a ploy to get the enemy to feel comfortable. But Remy always made it known that she was going to be a "problem" when she was released.

It seems as if everything came to a halt when Minaj started sneak dissing Remy is her 2017 song with Jason Duralo called Swalla, and another one, Make Love,with her old partner, Gucci Mane. If you listen to Make Love, Nicki kind of goes hard and it is obvious who she is speaking about with the lyrics...

She ain't eatin' but I swear she got some bum ass taste
Text her man like, "Dawg, how that bum ass taste?"
Pay your rent! And stay in your bum ass place
Oooohhh, oh you the qu-e-e-the queen of this here?
One platinum plaque, album flopped, bitch, where? (bitch, where?)
Hahaha, ahhhhh
I took two bars off just to laugh
You see, silly rabbit, to be the queen of rap
You gotta sell records, you gotta get plaques
S, plural like the S on my chest
Now sit your dumbass down
You got an F on your test.

 Whew. Nicki did take that jab again. So Remy had no choice but to let it be known that she was ready to go and continue on where it left off back in 2007. Who you think will have the win? Since Remy fired back with Shether, Nicki and Remy have been engaged in an social media petty competition to where Nicki brought out the number of album sales, a hit to Remy Ma. Appearing to be un-bothered, Nicki has not responded back with a diss track but we are waiting. For now, Remy has another diss track waiting to be released in March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY DINNER: HAITIAN RICE AND PEACE WITH SALMON

I had never tried Salmon. Never liked it. Well, that was because I never tried it. Hmm. Nonetheless, I finally gave in and had my first taste of this delicious dish about three months ago and fell in love with it. I do not know much about the fish but I do know that they are bred in fresh water, go to the ocean for a bit but return to the fresh waters to reproduce. Salmon is known as one of the worlds healthiest foods due to it's rich content of Omega-3 and protein. I will make another post about the benefits of Salmon but this post is about Sunday Dinner. Along with the Salmon that yes I will fry ( it will not kill me to have fried food every now and then.), I am also having Haitian style rice and peas. The classic dish in every Haitian home. The peas in the rice with the hint of mushrooms offer a delightful taste to your taste buds. This will be my first time actually trying this recipe but I know it will turn out better than expected. Salmon: Ingredients: Atlantic Bone...

COCONUT OIL TREATMENT

Dear December...Day 1 Keeping it simple. Coconut oil treatment to add moisture and shine to my hair. I want that strength, elasticity back in my strands. To view step by step on what exactly to do, follow my other pre-poo routine ( Pre-poo for softness ). For this round, I'm only using coconut oil, about a spoonful of olive oil, shea butter, and some cinnamon oil mixture. Planning on letting it set on my hair for about an hour. Rinse, shampoo, then condition. Most likely I will dry wrap my hair to put it up in a high bun for work tomorrow.

BOW WOW CHALLENGE: FUNNIEST MEMES

Once again, rapper/actor Shad Moss (Bow Wow/ Lil Bow wow) was caught "insta-lying" again, which created a challenge called "#BowWowChallenge" by social media. It all started with Bow Wow posting a picture about him catching a flight to NYC. The picture he posted was of a private jet and a fancy car outside of it, pretty much indicating that he was about to hop on it. It all went down hill when a fan of his happened to be following Bow Wow's post on IG and saw he posted he was on a private jet (though he didn't state it directly). Once the coach passenger noticed Bow Wow was lying, he took a picture and uploaded to social media, which then prompted a mass influx of people searching the internet to find where Bow Wow had stolen the picture from. Ultimately, they found it and started calling Bow Wow out on his lies. Even rapper, 50 Cent took part in the challenge. LOL