Skip to main content

QUICK HAIR TIP FOR EXTREMELY DRY HAIR

OMG, my hair has been the most dry of all dry seasons ever. Okay, maybe that didn't make sense but the point still remains that I am talking about my hair being desert dry. It was so dry that my scalp was itching nonstop and was flaking up. Keep in mind, I wash my hair every two or three days but this week, I haven't done any of that, nor have I oiled my scalp in so long that I doubt it would even recognize the feeling. 
So what I decided to do was a home "stimulating re-hydration" treatment. This treatment is very simple to relieve itchy scalp, dry, brittle, and also dull hair at the same time. All you need is one egg (depending on the thickness/length of your hair), and one or two teaspoons of cayenne pepper. 

The egg is for protein, dullness, to provide Vitamins A, D, B-12, and E, also amino acids and Sulfur, which is a growth stimulate. An egg can provide the moisture that your hair is lacking, hence why it is so dry, which can then result in breakage. Aside for moisture, it provides incredible shine. Egg is one of the most looked over ingredient for healthy hair. 

Now, I know you are asking, "Okay, so the egg has importance, why do I even need the Cayenne Pepper then?" To answer that question, I can tell you that it speeds up hair growth by stimulating the scalp with it's "spiciness." If that makes sense. Anyway, I found this chart below to help you understand the benefits and how Cayenne works for your hair.
Photo Credit to: Naturehelpsme.com
Now are you ready to see what my hair looked like before, and now after? Of course you are, what other way to see results than actually SEEING results. 

Before:
Notice how dry it looks. There is no shine present whatsoever. 


During the Process:



I covered my hair while I cooked dinner which was about for 30 minutes. I didn't have a shower cap so I opted to use a plastic bag from grocery shopping. What a great way to recycle right? hehe

After:
I rinsed out the mixture with warm water. Then I applied shampoo and thoroughly scrubbed through my hair and scalp for about three minutes. After rinsing everything out, I applied conditioner and left it on while I showered. 

The results: Wait for the shine. May want to cover your eyes.



Now, feeling my hair, it's so soft. like a feather. It's so light, and my scalp feels super clean. I have not had an itch at all and usually, after washing my hair, it itches. On this pic, there is no product as of yet and it is not filtered at all. The shine is real. 

Hope this helps you in your hair journey. Feel free to tag me if you try this. You can use hashtag #HerScaryObsessions or tag me directly @IamIjanei

Also stay tuned, youtube videos will be coming soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUMP TWEETS A MESSAGE FOR AMERICANS AMID DACA SCANDAL

With the rest of the United States still trying to come to grips with the devastation that occurred one week ago in Texas by Hurricane Harvey, Trump takes to twitter and gives a labor day tweet for Americans. That may not seem like a big deal but for about 800,000 DACA recipients, it comes as a slap in the face. What is DACA? DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It's American immigration policy founded by former president, Barack Obama in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit. Well, "All-American" president, Donald Trump, wants to do away with the program as he feels America should be ran by Americans. Meaning, only American items to be made by American workers. That's interesting, considering numerous women Trump has been with and married to did not come to this country born American

HAIR OF THE DAY: BROOKE BAILEY

For those of you wondering if this is all of Brooke Bailey's hair.....I can let all of the inquiring minds know that YES, this is indeed her real hair, and not only is this her real hair, she is also natural.  She was asked on twitter if she perms or presses her hair out with a hot comb. She had responded by saying @brookebaileyinc LOL ...  I don't perm or press my hair. In this pic I washed it and let it air dry.  It seems as if she always had beautiful hair. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous and looks very healthy. Her natural haircare line (in which she uses for her hair) will be launched shortly. I guess I may have to give it a try. Considering how shiny her hair looks, it can't be that bad. (Click to enlarge images)

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FLY TATTED SKY

Do you watch Black Ink NY? If so, did you notice how Sky's confidence level went to over "a hunnit" after she got the plastic surgery she has been dyin gto get. I mean she always had an outgoing personality, but now "it's all the way up." Congrats to Sky and that new body. What I love is that she didn't go too overboard like most people with injections/implants. Before : After: