Skip to main content

DATING: WHAT AGE DO YOU CONSIDER OLD ENOUGH TO DATE?

I ask this question because one day, I will have my own family. When that day comes, or even with my nieces and nephews, I will have to handle it somehow. So, with that being said, as an adult, who did not date until I was 19, have to say that I will I had experimented  little sooner than that but in a way, I am glad I waited that long. Originally, I never that dating would be so difficult. I thought it was just about two people just saying "I love you," or going on dates, but I soon learned it is muuuch more to it than that. 

Personally, I will allow my child to have what I call "friendships" at the age of fifteen. I saw friendships because that is exactly what they will remain, "friends" until they understand that "going together" is not as easy as it sounds or looks. They can not start dating until the age of 17, which is the age of consent for sex in most states. I decided on dating at 17 due to the fact they have to get out there and know what is out there in the world, before they are pushed forward into adulthood. 

At 17, they understand more about a relation, or at least, what they learned from a good talk with parents. Talking with your children is key. My mother started talking to me at the age of  nine. Lol That's another post for later, but my point is, too young of age dating causes your teen to only focus on that boy/girl. They begin to lose focus elsewhere and even often become disassociated from family thinking that all of their time must be spent with their new found interest. Not going to happen on my watch. If you are a teen, then you should act accordingly, not saying you cannot have fun, but your focus is your grades, extracurricular activities, friends, living life, and family.

That's just my personal choice with my nieces, nephews, and my own children. What age do you think is appropriate for your children to date?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUMP TWEETS A MESSAGE FOR AMERICANS AMID DACA SCANDAL

With the rest of the United States still trying to come to grips with the devastation that occurred one week ago in Texas by Hurricane Harvey, Trump takes to twitter and gives a labor day tweet for Americans. That may not seem like a big deal but for about 800,000 DACA recipients, it comes as a slap in the face. What is DACA? DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It's American immigration policy founded by former president, Barack Obama in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit. Well, "All-American" president, Donald Trump, wants to do away with the program as he feels America should be ran by Americans. Meaning, only American items to be made by American workers. That's interesting, considering numerous women Trump has been with and married to did not come to this country born American

HAIR OF THE DAY: BROOKE BAILEY

For those of you wondering if this is all of Brooke Bailey's hair.....I can let all of the inquiring minds know that YES, this is indeed her real hair, and not only is this her real hair, she is also natural.  She was asked on twitter if she perms or presses her hair out with a hot comb. She had responded by saying @brookebaileyinc LOL ...  I don't perm or press my hair. In this pic I washed it and let it air dry.  It seems as if she always had beautiful hair. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous and looks very healthy. Her natural haircare line (in which she uses for her hair) will be launched shortly. I guess I may have to give it a try. Considering how shiny her hair looks, it can't be that bad. (Click to enlarge images)

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FLY TATTED SKY

Do you watch Black Ink NY? If so, did you notice how Sky's confidence level went to over "a hunnit" after she got the plastic surgery she has been dyin gto get. I mean she always had an outgoing personality, but now "it's all the way up." Congrats to Sky and that new body. What I love is that she didn't go too overboard like most people with injections/implants. Before : After: