Skip to main content

MY CURRENT FAVS: SCARY NEW FIND

So I'm in Walgreens browsing the hair care aisle as always and remembered that it has been a lot time since I deep conditioned my hair (I know, bad me). At that moment when I realize that I do not have a deep conditioner, I also remembered that I did not have a daily hair moisturizer. Hmm. I can tell you know, that is the worst time to go to the story, in the hair care aisle because you will want to buy EVERYTHING, trust me. 

The only thing is, I didn't bring enough money out with me and I was on lunch break, so I just grabbed up a few things and was on my way. 

Curious as to what I bought? For a deep conditioner, I chose Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque because from  experience, Shea Moisture products always made my hair feel soft to touch. So I opted for this instead of the millions of others on the shelves. 

As for a daily moisturizer, I chose Dr. Miracle's Daily Moisturizing Lotion blended with Jojoba and Coconut Oils. I decided to choose this one because I wanted something new and after using Dr. Miracle's Deep Conditioner, I thought it was going to have the same "feel it" formula. 


It hasn't been a full month yet, so I can not give a great review on these products. That is soon to come. But I can tell you from what I have gathered so far, my hair is soft, light, and looks full of life. Make sure to check back in a month or so to get the full review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY DINNER: HAITIAN RICE AND PEACE WITH SALMON

I had never tried Salmon. Never liked it. Well, that was because I never tried it. Hmm. Nonetheless, I finally gave in and had my first taste of this delicious dish about three months ago and fell in love with it. I do not know much about the fish but I do know that they are bred in fresh water, go to the ocean for a bit but return to the fresh waters to reproduce. Salmon is known as one of the worlds healthiest foods due to it's rich content of Omega-3 and protein. I will make another post about the benefits of Salmon but this post is about Sunday Dinner. Along with the Salmon that yes I will fry ( it will not kill me to have fried food every now and then.), I am also having Haitian style rice and peas. The classic dish in every Haitian home. The peas in the rice with the hint of mushrooms offer a delightful taste to your taste buds. This will be my first time actually trying this recipe but I know it will turn out better than expected. Salmon: Ingredients: Atlantic Bone...

COCONUT OIL TREATMENT

Dear December...Day 1 Keeping it simple. Coconut oil treatment to add moisture and shine to my hair. I want that strength, elasticity back in my strands. To view step by step on what exactly to do, follow my other pre-poo routine ( Pre-poo for softness ). For this round, I'm only using coconut oil, about a spoonful of olive oil, shea butter, and some cinnamon oil mixture. Planning on letting it set on my hair for about an hour. Rinse, shampoo, then condition. Most likely I will dry wrap my hair to put it up in a high bun for work tomorrow.

BOW WOW CHALLENGE: FUNNIEST MEMES

Once again, rapper/actor Shad Moss (Bow Wow/ Lil Bow wow) was caught "insta-lying" again, which created a challenge called "#BowWowChallenge" by social media. It all started with Bow Wow posting a picture about him catching a flight to NYC. The picture he posted was of a private jet and a fancy car outside of it, pretty much indicating that he was about to hop on it. It all went down hill when a fan of his happened to be following Bow Wow's post on IG and saw he posted he was on a private jet (though he didn't state it directly). Once the coach passenger noticed Bow Wow was lying, he took a picture and uploaded to social media, which then prompted a mass influx of people searching the internet to find where Bow Wow had stolen the picture from. Ultimately, they found it and started calling Bow Wow out on his lies. Even rapper, 50 Cent took part in the challenge. LOL