Skip to main content

NEW JOURNEY...SHORT HAIR, DON'T CARE, WILL GROW....BUT SLOW!!!

I know you read the title and thought "What is this woman rambling about now?" Well, this is my first time blogging about this so I am just going to come out and say that I did the big chop. Even though I was already natural, but I had a lot of heat damage. I didn't want to admit it, but yes, I had it.

Now my new journey is will consist of getting my length back AND thickness, as well as overall health. 
Heat damage at it's worst. No curl pattern at all
Sorry for the rough picture but it was a random kind of night. It was 4 am and I was awake debating if I was really going to cut it off. After the back in forth in my mind, I started slowly chopping away, and guess what? My curls started popping. 



So I straightened my hair for the last time. I just couldn't resist. I had to have a picture to look back on.

I miss you hair. I really do. Sigh
Again, I fought with myself and finally did it.




The final result

YUCK!! I was embarrassed. I mean, I look horrible. But everyone else loves it. The first thing I did was buy some extensions and wrapped that up quickly into a bun. I am trying so hard not to straighten my hair at all but I am curious as to where exactly it is. 

Since I chopped on August 30th, I have been finding new ways to style my hair. I thought there was no hope but I did find a few things to do with it. I hope you all stick with me during this journey as I will now have to post weekly to keep myself encouraged to leave the heat alone. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY DINNER: HAITIAN RICE AND PEACE WITH SALMON

I had never tried Salmon. Never liked it. Well, that was because I never tried it. Hmm. Nonetheless, I finally gave in and had my first taste of this delicious dish about three months ago and fell in love with it. I do not know much about the fish but I do know that they are bred in fresh water, go to the ocean for a bit but return to the fresh waters to reproduce. Salmon is known as one of the worlds healthiest foods due to it's rich content of Omega-3 and protein. I will make another post about the benefits of Salmon but this post is about Sunday Dinner. Along with the Salmon that yes I will fry ( it will not kill me to have fried food every now and then.), I am also having Haitian style rice and peas. The classic dish in every Haitian home. The peas in the rice with the hint of mushrooms offer a delightful taste to your taste buds. This will be my first time actually trying this recipe but I know it will turn out better than expected. Salmon: Ingredients: Atlantic Bone...

COCONUT OIL TREATMENT

Dear December...Day 1 Keeping it simple. Coconut oil treatment to add moisture and shine to my hair. I want that strength, elasticity back in my strands. To view step by step on what exactly to do, follow my other pre-poo routine ( Pre-poo for softness ). For this round, I'm only using coconut oil, about a spoonful of olive oil, shea butter, and some cinnamon oil mixture. Planning on letting it set on my hair for about an hour. Rinse, shampoo, then condition. Most likely I will dry wrap my hair to put it up in a high bun for work tomorrow.

BOW WOW CHALLENGE: FUNNIEST MEMES

Once again, rapper/actor Shad Moss (Bow Wow/ Lil Bow wow) was caught "insta-lying" again, which created a challenge called "#BowWowChallenge" by social media. It all started with Bow Wow posting a picture about him catching a flight to NYC. The picture he posted was of a private jet and a fancy car outside of it, pretty much indicating that he was about to hop on it. It all went down hill when a fan of his happened to be following Bow Wow's post on IG and saw he posted he was on a private jet (though he didn't state it directly). Once the coach passenger noticed Bow Wow was lying, he took a picture and uploaded to social media, which then prompted a mass influx of people searching the internet to find where Bow Wow had stolen the picture from. Ultimately, they found it and started calling Bow Wow out on his lies. Even rapper, 50 Cent took part in the challenge. LOL