Skip to main content

OIL RINSE: DAY 1 (AGAIN)

Sigh! How many times do you see me say "Day 1?" Okay, yea, a lot right? Well this time I am sticking to it. I promise. I want for next summer to be the summer I let all my hair down to my waist and swing it back and forth.

Tonight I am doing an oil rinse combined with two eggs for protein. Right now my hair is lacking shine as you can see below, and also these strands are so dry that it seems as if every drop of oil I put on my scalp is sucked up upon impact.


So what I did is whipped up two eggs, put more than enough coconut oil into the whipped egg. 


I parted my hair into two sections.

And started applying from the back first, since that is the area that mostly rubs against my clothing. Make sure you are wearing a shirt that you do not wear outside as the oil may drip or slide down the neck, face area.

After applying to the whole head, I waited for approximately 45 minutes with bantu buns. 

I washed out in the shower, shampooed, then used regular conditioner. 

Let me tell you, my hair came out sooooo soft that even my fiance could not stop touching it. It was also so shiny and full looking. You will not regret trying this routine biweekly.
Now the question is, what am I going to do with my hair now? Hmm. Stay tuned.

Follow me on Instagram for more hair updates that I do not post on here. Instagram.com/IAmIjanei

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOW WOW CHALLENGE: FUNNIEST MEMES

Once again, rapper/actor Shad Moss (Bow Wow/ Lil Bow wow) was caught "insta-lying" again, which created a challenge called "#BowWowChallenge" by social media. It all started with Bow Wow posting a picture about him catching a flight to NYC. The picture he posted was of a private jet and a fancy car outside of it, pretty much indicating that he was about to hop on it. It all went down hill when a fan of his happened to be following Bow Wow's post on IG and saw he posted he was on a private jet (though he didn't state it directly). Once the coach passenger noticed Bow Wow was lying, he took a picture and uploaded to social media, which then prompted a mass influx of people searching the internet to find where Bow Wow had stolen the picture from. Ultimately, they found it and started calling Bow Wow out on his lies. Even rapper, 50 Cent took part in the challenge. LOL

COCONUT OIL TREATMENT

Dear December...Day 1 Keeping it simple. Coconut oil treatment to add moisture and shine to my hair. I want that strength, elasticity back in my strands. To view step by step on what exactly to do, follow my other pre-poo routine ( Pre-poo for softness ). For this round, I'm only using coconut oil, about a spoonful of olive oil, shea butter, and some cinnamon oil mixture. Planning on letting it set on my hair for about an hour. Rinse, shampoo, then condition. Most likely I will dry wrap my hair to put it up in a high bun for work tomorrow.

DEAR DECEMBER: DAY 7

Again, I did not do anything. Wore the same ponytail to work. I don't know what's going on with me, but I just haven't been in the mood to do anything to this mane. This weekend, I am going to give myself an oil treatment then see what to do with it for this week. Maybe a dry wrap.