Skip to main content

CELEBRITY HAIR VIXEN: ALYSIA ROGERS

Wedge:
Damita! I thought you were gonna play with MY frog?
Damita:
Your frog ain't jumpin' in my direction!
Damita:
There's a new tadpole in town.

          Who remembers the classic movie Class Act from 1992? I may have been young at the time but I still remember I was too happy to see a dark skin black woman portrayed as the object of interest in the movie. More importantly, I loved the way the actress, Alysia Rogers, who played the role of Damita, always had her hair in fresh, feathered, bang to the side, straight from the salon in your momma's kitchen, curling ironed straight hair. 
Her hair was so thick and beautiful back then that I had to see how she (and her hair) are holding up these days. To my surprise, Alysia Rogers is still beautiful, and still has even more beautiful hair. I'm talking about long, healthy, locks of hair that I would love to play with.
According to Alysia's social media page, she is 100% natural but wears her hair in a straight state. In one post, she posted a image of her natural curls and stated she was working on bring her natural curls back to life. I take it that she is aware of heat damage. 
Despite the minimal heat damage, her hair is looks great. I recall her stating that she does deep condition her hair, but she did not list the products in which she uses. When her hair is straight, it seems to be the silkiest form of strands that make you want to reach out and touch it. I would have to say, she is one of few celebrities that I keep on eye on as far as hair goes.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUMP TWEETS A MESSAGE FOR AMERICANS AMID DACA SCANDAL

With the rest of the United States still trying to come to grips with the devastation that occurred one week ago in Texas by Hurricane Harvey, Trump takes to twitter and gives a labor day tweet for Americans. That may not seem like a big deal but for about 800,000 DACA recipients, it comes as a slap in the face. What is DACA? DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It's American immigration policy founded by former president, Barack Obama in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit. Well, "All-American" president, Donald Trump, wants to do away with the program as he feels America should be ran by Americans. Meaning, only American items to be made by American workers. That's interesting, considering numerous women Trump has been with and married to did not come to this country born American

HAIR OF THE DAY: BROOKE BAILEY

For those of you wondering if this is all of Brooke Bailey's hair.....I can let all of the inquiring minds know that YES, this is indeed her real hair, and not only is this her real hair, she is also natural.  She was asked on twitter if she perms or presses her hair out with a hot comb. She had responded by saying @brookebaileyinc LOL ...  I don't perm or press my hair. In this pic I washed it and let it air dry.  It seems as if she always had beautiful hair. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous and looks very healthy. Her natural haircare line (in which she uses for her hair) will be launched shortly. I guess I may have to give it a try. Considering how shiny her hair looks, it can't be that bad. (Click to enlarge images)

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FLY TATTED SKY

Do you watch Black Ink NY? If so, did you notice how Sky's confidence level went to over "a hunnit" after she got the plastic surgery she has been dyin gto get. I mean she always had an outgoing personality, but now "it's all the way up." Congrats to Sky and that new body. What I love is that she didn't go too overboard like most people with injections/implants. Before : After: