Skip to main content

CURLY TOP: THE PERFECT WAY TO ACHIEVE THOSE LUSCIOUS CURLS

I wanted a big curly fro that would come out something like the image above. I wanted the bomb, the big, the spiral curl look that I could later put into a frohawk. 

I found something that pretty much worked and I could do plenty of other styles besides a frohawk with the way the hair came out.

I know you want picture results of how MY hair turned out right? Well here you go!







Nice right? So you want to know the steps taken? Of course you do, and of course I love taking pics of my steps.

This time I start off with freshly washed hair. I let it air dry until the water stopped slipping off the hair. When it is about 85% dry, you make sure you have all of your materials.

  • Comb
  • Some type of curl gel (I used curls unleashed)
  • Shea butter
  • I start parting into two sections. Top half and bottom half.
  • With the top half, part with a pigtail comb a section to begin flat twisting.
  • With the section being about two fingers in thickness, apply a thin coat of shea butter on the strands.
  • Comb through it.
  • Apply the curl gel to the hair, a thin coat as well, but manly focus on the end.
  • Comb section again
  • From the top of the slit, separate to pieces of hair and begin twisting down towards the face, grabbing pieces of hair in the process.
  • Once you come towards the end, you will most likely have to come out the bottom half so that it will not tangle upon take down. Apply more gel to the ends. Twist the whole way down then begin to bantu knot. 
  • Wrap hair around and secure underneath hair or with a bobby pin. 
Finish the front section coming towards the front. Repeat the same thing for the back, with the twists going downwards.

Take down slowly, just unravel in the direction you twisted. For bigger hair, Pick apart twists slowly

Simple! Give it a try and send me some pictures of your style.

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY DINNER: HAITIAN RICE AND PEACE WITH SALMON

I had never tried Salmon. Never liked it. Well, that was because I never tried it. Hmm. Nonetheless, I finally gave in and had my first taste of this delicious dish about three months ago and fell in love with it. I do not know much about the fish but I do know that they are bred in fresh water, go to the ocean for a bit but return to the fresh waters to reproduce. Salmon is known as one of the worlds healthiest foods due to it's rich content of Omega-3 and protein. I will make another post about the benefits of Salmon but this post is about Sunday Dinner. Along with the Salmon that yes I will fry ( it will not kill me to have fried food every now and then.), I am also having Haitian style rice and peas. The classic dish in every Haitian home. The peas in the rice with the hint of mushrooms offer a delightful taste to your taste buds. This will be my first time actually trying this recipe but I know it will turn out better than expected. Salmon: Ingredients: Atlantic Bone...

COCONUT OIL TREATMENT

Dear December...Day 1 Keeping it simple. Coconut oil treatment to add moisture and shine to my hair. I want that strength, elasticity back in my strands. To view step by step on what exactly to do, follow my other pre-poo routine ( Pre-poo for softness ). For this round, I'm only using coconut oil, about a spoonful of olive oil, shea butter, and some cinnamon oil mixture. Planning on letting it set on my hair for about an hour. Rinse, shampoo, then condition. Most likely I will dry wrap my hair to put it up in a high bun for work tomorrow.

BOW WOW CHALLENGE: FUNNIEST MEMES

Once again, rapper/actor Shad Moss (Bow Wow/ Lil Bow wow) was caught "insta-lying" again, which created a challenge called "#BowWowChallenge" by social media. It all started with Bow Wow posting a picture about him catching a flight to NYC. The picture he posted was of a private jet and a fancy car outside of it, pretty much indicating that he was about to hop on it. It all went down hill when a fan of his happened to be following Bow Wow's post on IG and saw he posted he was on a private jet (though he didn't state it directly). Once the coach passenger noticed Bow Wow was lying, he took a picture and uploaded to social media, which then prompted a mass influx of people searching the internet to find where Bow Wow had stolen the picture from. Ultimately, they found it and started calling Bow Wow out on his lies. Even rapper, 50 Cent took part in the challenge. LOL