Skip to main content

FUNNY HAIR RELATED STORY

I had to come and blog about this. I know this whole "black hair care" thing has been a topic for the past few years and is increasing in popularity for the whole "natural" phenomenon, but every since I had been on this "journey," there have even been men who have been complimenting my hair. Last summer, I was walking to the corner bodega when this guy out of nowhere was like "I love a black women with long flowing hair." LOL  That simple comment made me feel as if I finally graduated in the hair academy. Yaaay me!

This brings me to something that happened last night. Again, I had to run out to the bodega to grab some cranberry juice. I hate going outside when my hair is not done. Those are the times I always seem to run into someone that I know, in which I have not seen in forever, ugh! So I had used some oil, and a profectiv product, then put two braids in my hair, then continued on to the store. As I am standing in line, there was two men standing on each side of me. One starts sniffing the hair and looking around. Me, already feeling as if I look like I done walked through hell, starts rushing the clerk to ring me up. Out of nowhere, the one guy to my left tells me I smell like Coconuts. I'm like "umm...okay." He said, "Did you just give yourself a conditioning treatment with Coconut and Olive oil?" I start giggling and let him in on why I looked like hell. I told him I was in fact "sealing" my hair for the night. Next thing you know, the guy to my right chimes in and adds, "Yea, my girl does that at night, but she uses olive oil mixed with shea butter." I'm staring at these two guys, like "WTF?" Lol

I dont know, but I thought it was actually funny how even black men are starting to pay attention to our hair care.


Popular posts from this blog

TRUMP TWEETS A MESSAGE FOR AMERICANS AMID DACA SCANDAL

With the rest of the United States still trying to come to grips with the devastation that occurred one week ago in Texas by Hurricane Harvey, Trump takes to twitter and gives a labor day tweet for Americans. That may not seem like a big deal but for about 800,000 DACA recipients, it comes as a slap in the face. What is DACA? DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It's American immigration policy founded by former president, Barack Obama in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit. Well, "All-American" president, Donald Trump, wants to do away with the program as he feels America should be ran by Americans. Meaning, only American items to be made by American workers. That's interesting, considering numerous women Trump has been with and married to did not come to this country born American

HAIR OF THE DAY: BROOKE BAILEY

For those of you wondering if this is all of Brooke Bailey's hair.....I can let all of the inquiring minds know that YES, this is indeed her real hair, and not only is this her real hair, she is also natural.  She was asked on twitter if she perms or presses her hair out with a hot comb. She had responded by saying @brookebaileyinc LOL ...  I don't perm or press my hair. In this pic I washed it and let it air dry.  It seems as if she always had beautiful hair. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous and looks very healthy. Her natural haircare line (in which she uses for her hair) will be launched shortly. I guess I may have to give it a try. Considering how shiny her hair looks, it can't be that bad. (Click to enlarge images)

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FLY TATTED SKY

Do you watch Black Ink NY? If so, did you notice how Sky's confidence level went to over "a hunnit" after she got the plastic surgery she has been dyin gto get. I mean she always had an outgoing personality, but now "it's all the way up." Congrats to Sky and that new body. What I love is that she didn't go too overboard like most people with injections/implants. Before : After: