Skip to main content

BRAID OUT FOR THE WEEK

You saw the previous post, so you know I can not use heat until the fall season is over. This week, my starting hairstyle of choice will be a braid out.

I did not wash my hair, I am doing my braids on old flat ironed hair from last week. To prepare my hair for the braids, I first combed through my hair. I sectioned it off into two sections - top half and bottom half.

I start gathering my materials that I will use.

  • Detangling brush
  • Profectiv Growth Lotion
  • Avocado Oil
  • Oil for the scalp (Optional, I use my homemade growth mixture so that my scalp will not be dry during the night)
  • A few scrunchies to tie the loose ends at the bottom if they do not stay braided, or you can use rollers

Starting with the bottom half, I oiled my scalp and massaged it in for a few minutes. I took a good amount of PGL and ran it from the follicles to the ends of my strands. I then took the detangling brush through it to make sure no knot would be present when I take down. I then took a dime sized amount of Avocado Oil and also ran it through my hair, focusing on the ends. I then started plaiting in sections. I do not know how many I put in  the back, but it was about six or seven. Now continue to repeat the steps to the front half.

After you have finished with the braids/plaits, tie up the ends with either scrunchies or rollers. Wet the hair a little bit with water. Get it damp, but not soaking wet.

As of right now, I'm sitting on this Sunday with plaits in my hair. Tomorrow will be the take-down. I will take pictures and post every day this week on how I am maintaining this plait out. Now who wants to join me in this Fall (No heat) Protecting/Low Maintenance Style Challenge? You get one heat pass.



Also, feel free to email me questions. I love to talk hair. Email Me Your Questions/Suggestions

I also am working on a workout/fitness blog geared towards black women and our body types. Be on the look out for that as well.

Popular posts from this blog

TRUMP TWEETS A MESSAGE FOR AMERICANS AMID DACA SCANDAL

With the rest of the United States still trying to come to grips with the devastation that occurred one week ago in Texas by Hurricane Harvey, Trump takes to twitter and gives a labor day tweet for Americans. That may not seem like a big deal but for about 800,000 DACA recipients, it comes as a slap in the face. What is DACA? DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It's American immigration policy founded by former president, Barack Obama in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit. Well, "All-American" president, Donald Trump, wants to do away with the program as he feels America should be ran by Americans. Meaning, only American items to be made by American workers. That's interesting, considering numerous women Trump has been with and married to did not come to this country born American

HAIR OF THE DAY: BROOKE BAILEY

For those of you wondering if this is all of Brooke Bailey's hair.....I can let all of the inquiring minds know that YES, this is indeed her real hair, and not only is this her real hair, she is also natural.  She was asked on twitter if she perms or presses her hair out with a hot comb. She had responded by saying @brookebaileyinc LOL ...  I don't perm or press my hair. In this pic I washed it and let it air dry.  It seems as if she always had beautiful hair. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous and looks very healthy. Her natural haircare line (in which she uses for her hair) will be launched shortly. I guess I may have to give it a try. Considering how shiny her hair looks, it can't be that bad. (Click to enlarge images)

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: FLY TATTED SKY

Do you watch Black Ink NY? If so, did you notice how Sky's confidence level went to over "a hunnit" after she got the plastic surgery she has been dyin gto get. I mean she always had an outgoing personality, but now "it's all the way up." Congrats to Sky and that new body. What I love is that she didn't go too overboard like most people with injections/implants. Before : After: